Between 00:00 and 24:00, June 27, no new confirmed imported COVID-19 case was reported in Jiangsu. As of 24:00, June 27, 23 confirmed imported cases have been reported in Jiangsu accumulatively, one of which was still receiving isolated treatment at a designated hospital.
No new confirmed local case was reported on June 27. 631 confirmed local cases have been reported in Jiangsu cumulatively and all have been discharged from hospital as of 24:00, June 27.
On June 27, no new asymptomatic carrier was reported. One asymptomatic carrier wasstill under medical quarantine and supervision at a designated medical facility.
Of the traced 13,943 close contacts with the confirmed cases and asymptomatic carriers, 13,690 have been released and 253 were still under medical quarantine.
Experts note that:
Everyone bears the primary responsibility for their own health. We are still faced with a complex situation in fighting against the pandemic, so it is necessary to take prevention and control as part of everyday life with high vigilance and tight precautions as follows:
1. Pay attention to personal hygiene by wearing a mask, washing hands and ventilating rooms regularly, and keeping social distancing. No spitting or littering. Use a tissue or the elbow to cover the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
2. Keep healthy eating habits by separating cutting boards, knives and tableware while preparing and cooking food and washing them soon after use. Thoroughly cook meat, eggs, and seafood before eating. Use serving chopsticks and spoons on the table and keep a healthy and balanced diet.
3. Properly manage your travel and reduce unnecessary gatherings. Avoid trips to regions with medium or high risks of the pandemic, unless mandatory.
4. Heighten alertness when going to crowded places such as farm produce markets and wholesale markets by improving personal protection, keeping the mask on, avoiding large crowds, shortening the length of stay, avoiding touching raw food such as raw meat or fish, and washing hands soon after returning home.
5. Seek medical treatment at a nearby clinic as soon as possible when symptomssuch as fever, dry cough, and fatigue occur and inform medical practitioners of your whereabouts over the previous 14 days. Make sure to wear a mask and avoid using public transport when seeking treatment.
6. Apply for and usethe Jiangsu Health Code to declare health conditions. For these from regions with medium or high risks of the pandemic, inform your communityor employer of your conditionsand cooperate to administer medical quarantine and COVID-19 nucleic acid tests. If you or your family members have been to these regions or have contacted visitors from these regions over the previous 14 days, inform your community or employer of these facts.